Two weeks ago I wrote about how I screwed up the pattern (for the second time) of the toy airplane I was knitting. I cheekily said at the end that it was just the propellers left. Surely I wouldn’t have to write about a third issue with the project.
You know what they say about tempting fate….
There it is; my floppy propellor. It’s like a handlebar moustache after too much Tequila.
Seriously, there are no more words.
So I cut it off. And reknit it on smaller needles so it would be stiffer. The result was much better:
Pattern: Airplane Toy
Yarn: Bernat Cottontots (a variety of colours from my stash)
Needles: 4.0 mm Knitter’s Pride Marblz Interchangeables; 3.5 Knit Picks Harmony Straights
Last thoughts: It actually turned out really cute. And despite my idiotic mistakes, it was an easy pattern. I’m definitely glad I tried it. I like my modification for a smaller needle size for propellor; next time I’d knit the body in the round.