Just before last Christmas a photo of a pair of red slippers went viral in my Facebook feed. I received several “subtle” hints for a pair, but given the debacle that was my Christmas knitting, they slid to the back burner.
Fast forward to this summer and a birthday. I had purchased some yarn that with the intent of knitting them at some point. I grabbed my needles and started in. I have to say, the foot was the craziest-ass thing I had knit for a while. I couldn’t figure out what the heck was going on but I kept reminding myself to just follow the pattern.
The leg was knit separately and sewed on.
I made a modification to the foot: I did a three needle bind off instead of sewing up the foot. I think it made a nicer finish (and I hate sewing).
In the end, I liked the finished product:
Yarn: Viking of Norway Balder (468 Lillia)
Needles: Knitter’s Pride Marblz 6 mm (US 10) DPNs; Knit Picks Nickel Plated Interchangeables 6 mm (US 10)
Notes: Knit as pattern except for three needle bind off on the foot. The yarn was soft but a bit splitty. It’s a true, rich colour.