Finished Object Friday x 2

I don’t know why I have such an aversion to finishing projects. Really, sewing in the ends is probably the quickest part of any project but it takes me the longest to do. Tuesday was a travel for work day so I took my not-quite-finished socks with me and promised myself they would be done before I got home and voila:

IMG_9452

First up:

IMG_9453

Stoplight Socks

Pattern: Sock Recipe

Yarn: String Theory Colorworks Entanglement T.A.G

Needles: Knit Picks Nickel Plated 2.25 mm

Next:

IMG_9454

More Socks

Pattern: Sock Recipe

Yarn: Simply Socks Yarn Company Poste Yarn

Needles: Knit Picks Nickel Plated 2.25 mm

~~

Linking up with HardKnitLife’s Freshly Finished Friday.

One thought on “Finished Object Friday x 2

1. August 21, 2015 at 7:59 pm

Ah, finishing! Just like you, I keep postponing a few ends to weave in, and when it is finally done, wonder why I didn’t do it sooner. I love simple striped socks, I should try your recipe.

2. August 22, 2015 at 10:41 am

I’m the same way! Great socks, thanks for sharing.

3. August 23, 2015 at 6:58 am

These socks are great! I really like the black stripey ones. Do you use dpn’s to make your socks? I am currently knitting my first pair of dpn socks, and am on the hunt for my next pattern. ☺

• August 23, 2015 at 7:03 am

I use DPNs. I’ve tried two at a time on a circular and a 9 inch circular, but I keep going back to a basic, top down sock knit with DPNs.

Good luck with your sock; I find them addictive but fun. 😀

• August 23, 2015 at 7:29 am

Well that is good news! I am really liking using them, and think I will stick with dpns for socks until I feel I have mastered them. Thanks for the luck ☺

4. August 23, 2015 at 12:45 pm

Lovely finishes! So inspiring too! I have about 3 things that I need to finish weaving ends in on…that way they will be ready for fall! Thanks for linking up!