Looking for a “Silver Lining”

Maybe it’s that the mornings and evenings are starting to be cooler and I’m not ready for summer to be over.  Maybe it’s chasing a three month old puppy is harder at 40-something than it was at 30-something.  Maybe it’s just Wednesday.

Whatever “it” is, I’m feeling “meh” about my knitting and reading this week.  I just finished “Silver Linings” by Debbie Macomber.  I normally love her books but I felt this one was just ok.  (I also have a theory that you like different authors depending on your mood, and maybe my mood just wasn’t right).  I’m working on a pair of shark socks. They’re going ok (I think they’ll make more sense once I join the two pieces.)  The pattern is good, I’m just not quite feeling it.

I’m wondering if anyone else is in a “meh” phase?

Linking up with Small Things Yarn Along.

One thought on “Looking for a “Silver Lining”

1. September 2, 2015 at 6:47 pm

I’ve been feeling like that, too. I start back to work next week which means summer is over. So I’m a little disappointed, but excited at the same time. I hope you feel better!

• September 2, 2015 at 6:49 pm

I love summer and all the “busy-ness” but part of me is ready to be back to a normal routine. (I’d still like one more week of summer though!)

• September 2, 2015 at 6:52 pm

Yes, I am looking forward to getting back in a routine again!

2. September 2, 2015 at 8:51 pm

I’ve been ‘meh’ for the last couple weeks -as evidenced by my lack of knitting progress. It is just too darn hot and I’m done with summer!

3. September 3, 2015 at 9:11 am

Yeah, my feeling too! The humidex factor is acting up like crazy this week and everything feels sticky. I can only knit cotton these days, but that’s OK. The ‘meh’ is for nearly everything else.

4. September 3, 2015 at 9:22 am

I think it feels like that between seasons sometimes. Get outside and walk in nature -that’s what I do and it always works. It’s hard to feel “meh” when the universe is so beautiful.

Liked by 2 people

5. September 3, 2015 at 11:36 am

I’ve got to agree with Spirit of Simplicity…finally, our weather has turned hot in southern Ontario, Canada. I’ve been waiting all year for this! I haven’t been indoors all week except to sleep and shower 🙂 I’ve loving this ‘last blast’!

6. September 4, 2015 at 8:46 pm

I hate when that happens! I’ve been a bit manic as of late so I’m hoping to slow down and enjoy the long weekend here in the US!

7. September 21, 2015 at 4:16 pm

Often go through “meh” periods in my photography, where I feel uninspired and no pictures I take are good enough. I usually do something else for a while until inspiration strikes again. 🙂

8. September 22, 2015 at 8:28 am

Could be the seasons, could also be that this particular book WAS just OK, authors do that sometimes…put something out that’s not as great as the first stuff they write. And for the socks…well…you’re knitting in BEIGE! So if you were knitting primary colored, multi striped socks you might be having a better time. I don’t think it’s just you, so don’t beat yourself up. By now you’re probably feeling entirely different. Hope you have a great week! And thanks for stopping by my blog

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )